9mm ar15 upper suggestions

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

9mm ar15 upper suggestions

Post by neverenoughguns » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 am

My sbr stamp for a colt 9mm is due back soon. [smilie=033.gif] It has a fixed handle so I have two options. Replace the entire upper or replace the barrel. Looking for suggestions. I was looking to go w 11" ballistic advantage so I could order w delta ring and front post but they now appear sold out.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: 9mm ar15 upper suggestions

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:55 pm

you could always go Old Skool RETRO and do a DOE build ??...the look is more gonna depend on the lower, if you did a modern looking billet lower for the glock mags it will not look right, then just keep it all tacticool, is you upper an actual Colt 9mm , if so I might be interested in a partial trade if you want a flat top
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Mine is an actual colt. I like the doe look. If I use my receiver, how expensive is that build?

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Just started adding it all up.... gets pricey quick. Leaning towards switching out for a 10" barrel so I can use the plain carbine hand guards. May look to build or acquire later though.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:40 pm

It's the damn 9mm barrels that make it so expensive most are 2 bills each....choose wisely...post up some pics
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:It's the damn 9mm barrels that make it so expensive most are 2 bills each....choose wisely...post up some pics
I was looking at the DOE forearms at $200-300 for a set, then add the front sight.... Pretty cool looking though.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:45 am

neverenoughguns wrote:
Rentprop1 wrote:It's the damn 9mm barrels that make it so expensive most are 2 bills each....choose wisely...post up some pics
I was looking at the DOE forearms at $200-300 for a set, then add the front sight.... Pretty cool looking though.
front sight is $ 116 from Garrison Mfg. and the repro HG's are $ 50 from Matsu corp. IIRC :-k ....let me know I have emails for both companies, its the only way to order them as they are not listed on any website.....I got lucky and found a Bear Creek 16 inch 9mm barrel and has it turned, cut and threaded in the DOE profile ( .625 gas block ) for an additional $ 55 , so the barrel cost me $ 155 ish...the entire front end was $ 370 ish by the time you figure in shipping the original Colt hand guards, etc

do you already have a bolt ?? Colt bolts are $ 150 on GB, stay away from the PSA 9mm bolts , ask Cubastang or myself about how we know.

Oh and I'm running the KAK 9mm block ( $ 100 ) runs flawlessly with converted UZI mags

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Andro Corp...http://androcorpind.com/index.php?route ... path=80_84

XMAS25% for discount of 25%

Great stuff, lifetime warranty, Florida Company.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

handlebar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by handlebar » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:06 am

Here is my Colt 6450 with an RRA 10.5" upper. Shoots fantastically well and It is suppressed, as well. At the range I have been asked if it was a 22 because it is so quiet.

Handlebar

10MMGary
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 10MMGary » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 am

Rentprop1 wrote: do you already have a bolt ?? Colt bolts are $ 150 on GB, stay away from the PSA 9mm bolts , ask Cubastang or myself about how we know.

Oh and I'm running the KAK 9mm block ( $ 100 ) runs flawlessly with converted UZI mags
Rent could you please tell me about or link me to the PSA bolt issue/s you and Cubastang experienced ?
When people ask me "do your dogs bite?", I tell them of course my dogs bite, all dogs bite. The question should be will your dogs bite me?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:36 am

simply wouldn't run, or feed, I'd say out of spec, Cubastand had nothing but issues with it, sent it to me and I couldn't get it to run in 2 different AR 9mm's either, suspected a firing pin spring issue, replaced and still nada....how the hammer strikes the firing pin and clearance on the underside looks to be the problem.........bought a colt bolt and it ran like a raped ape, when comparing the cuts on the underside of the bolt it looks different and probably only works with their 9mm block

it should work out of the box IMHO, you shouldnt have to mill any cuts to get it to work with the other types of blocks on the market....Cuba tried it with a Hahn block and I tried it with a colt and KAK...no go on all 3

10MMGary
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 10MMGary » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:simply wouldn't run, or feed, I'd say out of spec, Cubastand had nothing but issues with it, sent it to me and I couldn't get it to run in 2 different AR 9mm's either, suspected a firing pin spring issue, replaced and still nada....how the hammer strikes the firing pin and clearance on the underside looks to be the problem.........bought a colt bolt and it ran like a raped ape, when comparing the cuts on the underside of the bolt it looks different and probably only works with their 9mm block

it should work out of the box IMHO, you shouldnt have to mill any cuts to get it to work with the other types of blocks on the market....Cuba tried it with a Hahn block and I tried it with a colt and KAK...no go on all 3
Wow that was fast! Thanks for the reply. I purchased one of their(PSA)complete uppers and one of their stripped dedicated glock mag lowers, I guess I need to go see if mine has issues as well, thanks again.
When people ask me "do your dogs bite?", I tell them of course my dogs bite, all dogs bite. The question should be will your dogs bite me?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:30 pm

since its all PSA, it will probably work, I think they issue is playing well with others