Magpul PRS Stock

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Magpul PRS Stock

Post by Gregh181 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Looking for opinions on the Magpul PRS Stock. I just got 20' upper and I'm thinking of getting a PRS stock for it but have zero experience with those stocks. Would like to hear others opinions who have one or have used one.
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Magpul PRS Stock

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:38 pm

I had one a few years ago sold it and installed the LuthAR stock...love it

Being a bigger guy I just could never get it adjusted correctly ...well..meaning I kept changing how it was set up and never got to love any position....may have been the height of the shooting bench as well but I blamed the stock
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:44 pm

I've used them on many rifles and love them. I have 2 RPR's,and it was one of the first things I changed. The PRS just fits me great. I like the adjustable can't of the new generation,but dislike other things,so prefer the older ones. The cheek riser is slick,and in the heat with long strings of fire,it gets sweaty,so mole skin worked for me until I found the Wiebad cheek pads,and bought several and couldn't be happier.
Well then get your s';t together.
Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your s';t. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the s';t store and sell it, or put it in a s';t museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:52 pm

LuthAr stock I've seen as well and looks like direct competition. I'll have to research them as well

I suppose one of the questions I have is it worth either stock and the extra $ over a B5 Systems Sopmod Bravo stock which is about as basic as they come. The B5 I already have but I'm not attached to it

I'm also on the short side 5'7 so LOP adjustment can mean a lot to me. Example Remington 870 first thing I change out is to the shortest LOP stock they have for it

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:28 am

I bought a LuthAR stock and I like it quite a bit. However, I've never had a PRS stock, so cannot directly compare them. I choose the LuthAR because it was lighter, mostly, but it was also cheaper by $70. I'm surprised there aren't many options for these stocks.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:38 pm

IDPAMASTER wrote:I've used them on many rifles and love them. I have 2 RPR's,and it was one of the first things I changed. The PRS just fits me great. I like the adjustable can't of the new generation,but dislike other things,so prefer the older ones. The cheek riser is slick,and in the heat with long strings of fire,it gets sweaty,so mole skin worked for me until I found the Wiebad cheek pads,and bought several and couldn't be happier.
What did you do with the take off RPR stocks....interested in selling one ?
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:58 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
IDPAMASTER wrote:I've used them on many rifles and love them. I have 2 RPR's,and it was one of the first things I changed. The PRS just fits me great. I like the adjustable can't of the new generation,but dislike other things,so prefer the older ones. The cheek riser is slick,and in the heat with long strings of fire,it gets sweaty,so mole skin worked for me until I found the Wiebad cheek pads,and bought several and couldn't be happier.
What did you do with the take off RPR stocks....interested in selling one ?
I sold one on FB,the other I put on this AR10. I painted it. I will replace it with a PRS one of these days. It's not bad,but I want to put the rifle buffer and spring back on.
Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your s';t. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the s';t store and sell it, or put it in a s';t museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:11 am

How much did it fetch used ...if you don't mine me asking

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:27 am

Rentprop1 wrote:How much did it fetch used ...if you don't mine me asking
I bought my first RPR at introduction,so when someone on the RPR forums offered me $80 for the factory takeoff,I took it because it was not going to be used. It was still new. People are paying up to $150 for the takeoffs still yet.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:14 pm

I have a PRS on my Big Fat Greek Rifle (Just a nick name that stuck) which weighs in at 15 pounds.

I bought this from Eric (Glockpacker) and when he dropped it off it was the last time I saw him.

I put the Magpul on after as I had used them on my Les Baer Varmints
For a larger sniper/target AR there isn't a better stock IMO but they are heavy so when used on a heavier rig they make sense but not so much on a carry around AR

/:f
“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

A stovepipe is your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo!

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:50 pm

Will definitely not be a carry around rig for sure. I'm slowly gonna do this build. I am liking the thought of a fixed stock, was used to it in the Marines, and being able to extend the lop and the cheek as well.

Wulfman you'll like this. Getting a Geisele SSA-E trigger for it. I have a SSA already but I figure go w the lighter trigger with this build

NRA Benefactor Member

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Gregh181 wrote: Wulfman you'll like this. Getting a Geisele SSA-E trigger for it.
MBFGR above has the adjustable match Geissele. I have the enhanced in all my 3 PWS (and a 3Gun in one DI)
I am not sure if the match trigger is too sensitive.
Not for a match gun but for a field gun.
I think I would be fine with the SSA-E in it in hindsight

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Great stock if you want something snipery. I have one on my crazy sharp shooter ar I built.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Wulfman you have any experience with accu tac bipods?

NRA Benefactor Member

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:17 pm

Gregh181 wrote:Wulfman you have any experience with accu tac bipods?
No sir, I do not (I believe they are high quality but that is from hearsay) [smilie=cheers1.gif]

hurricanecharlie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by hurricanecharlie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:33 pm

I am happy with the prs. Maybe something better but expensive trying them out unless buddy has one.
Better prone than off the bench. A bit heavy for a zombie gun to be shoulder fired and carried.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:38 pm

I'm getting in the PRS tomorrow. I did get a ergo grip w palm shelf. Have it installed. It had a huge palm swell. The swell makes it that it's super uncomfortable fornne as I have medium sized hands. I'm thinking I'll be selling it off pretty soon and just getting a more basic grip

NRA Benefactor Member

Srasel79
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Srasel79 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:46 pm

I was thinking about getting one of these stocks for my M&P 10. Has anyone ever used it on this gun?

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:53 pm

So yeah...didn't realize I needed a new buffer tube kit when I went to install it. Another $40 lol

NRA Benefactor Member