Stripped Lowers

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Stripped Lowers

Post by Wulfmann » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:21 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:Wulfman keeps saying he'll wait till election night to buy things like ammo etc....I honestly don't think its gonna make it that long
I have been watching various sites and I believe you are correct. This would be the seasoned gun owners making sure they are topped off.

Prices have inched up in the last couple months.

I still plan on doing the election night big buy although I might be paying more than I could if I bought right now.

I have been buying the stuff I want for myself.

I was talking to the girl at PV and asked her if she was concerned about her job to which is said most definitely.

I needed to ask Sig about some part kits and suggested the girl update her resume on election night.

This is going to get nasty and IMO it won't take long. No two panics are alike but then no two totally involved house fires are alike either but there are enough similarities to be concerned and again IMO, the Hillary panic will make the Sandy Hook panic look like a preseason warm up for the real thing [smilie=popcorn.gif]

/:f
“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

A stovepipe is your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo!

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Devils advocate. Say Trump wins. Prices drop even lower?
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Wulfmann wrote:This would be the seasoned gun owners making sure they are topped off.
Yes, every time there was a mass shooting I bought a couple thousand rounds of ammo to top off. After the election, the topping off period will be continuous.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:14 am

Gregh181 wrote:Devils advocate. Say Trump wins. Prices drop even lower?
Yes, online and locally prices will plunge.
It is a free market economy and supply/demand dictate volume and with a Trump win no one will feel the need to buy anything more than they need and since most of us have far more than that when someone needs money he will have to drop to bargain rates to move things

IMO gun shows 6-8 times every weekend in Florida will drop to 1-2.

When Bush was president the Melbourne Show was so dead on Sunday you could hear vendors snoring (seriously) and there could be as view as a dozen people walking around.
There are 2 wings, east and west and one was usually blocked off but once both wings were closed

If I lose my butt because Trump wins I will be delighted. Our liberties have no limit to their value and securing our future freedom trumps (no pun intended) monetary gain or loss

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:14 am

Rentprop1 wrote:Wulfman keeps saying he'll wait till election night to buy things like ammo etc....I honestly don't think its gonna make it that long
Just did a search of my favorite sites

There are few option on the lesser priced 223 left and when restocked prices are jumping about a dollar a box. Example Federal XM193 white box had been $6.99 a box (shipped free as a case: $349.50) are now $7.99

That reflects all brands as they sell out and restock (if they in fact do restock???)

Wolf steel case is now approaching Wolf Gold prices of a few months ago

Seems like I missed the boat for any investment grade purchases. [smilie=012.gif]