Stripped Lowers

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
george_995
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Stripped Lowers

Post by george_995 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Gregh181 wrote:I want to note the reason I sold the spikes is I have an SBR build I just completed and the spikes lower has an excessive ammount of play, to the point to where i I can move the entire upper slightly to the left or right and the Aimpoint Micro goes along with it shifting my point of aim. Not something too terrible for an SBR but something I wanted to avoid in future builds.
I have a core15 lower that does that with a rainier arms upper ( rebranded mega arms). Sucks, but to be honest the 20inch setup I have built shoots .5" when I do my part.
Ni he la na gaofar la na scoilb.

The thing about Smart mother f***ers is that sometimes, they sound like Crazy mother f***ers to Stupid mother f***ers ....

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:31 pm

I hear ya, I just have to be aware of the wobble when I zero anything on it. I shot it yesterday with a lantac dragon muzzle break and a Geissele SSA I can't remember which exact model and it was just as fast as a bump fire Stock shooting it. Zero muzzle rise w the muzzle break. Shot so fast my Aimpoint Micro came out its mount, had to locktite the screws. You guys are very helpful, thanks
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:03 pm

BRAKE!

Muzzle BRAKE!
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Just try it before you knock it. Louder than hell but damn does it work

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:32 am

"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:34 am

Wow thanks I love the spelling nazis on here :ham'r

NRA Benefactor Member

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Well this thread is derailed. Let's get back on track here

NRA Benefactor Member

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Gregh181 wrote:Wow thanks I love the spelling nazis on here :ham'r

is it spelling or grammar in this case ?? :-k

Strike Industries Cookie Cutter for the win ....now who still sees $ 39 lowers cause I'll take them all [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Tuff thredd. I nots posted herr cuz I's ain'ts gots no goot book lernen [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif]

/:f
“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

A stovepipe is your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo!

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LastRites » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:00 pm

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:25 am

Worked for a small vendor this past weekend at the Stuart show, & he picked up 8 Spikes lowers NIB. He figured at this point in time it was better than $ in the bank. I opened them all to inspect, & yes, they all had slight cosmetic blems. Something that could be fixed with a black felt tip pen. He was not told this by the seller, but he got a good deal on them. GARY

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 am

IMHO, anyone who wants lowers, buy them now, and pay what you need to. During Sandy Hook I was getting 400$ a piece on gunbroker for stripped spikes lowers. Dealers aren't going to be cutting anybody any deals. The laws of supply and demand will kick in, and if (more likely when) hillary wins sandy hooks going to look like a drip in the lake. Hillary Clinton has made it perfectly clear gun control is on her agenda big time. Her husband, author of the dumbest gun control act which did dick to reduce gun violence (and in fact increased it if I remember correctly) will be right by her side pen and paper in hand. There will be no sunset clause this time. Get ready for 500$+ lowers, 100$+ "preban" pmags, etc. 2500$ for a palmetto state armory AR15 will be a "good deal" in 2 years, and we will be talking about "the good old days" when an AR15 was 500$ plus tax.

Distributors are out of lowers across the board. Theres no reordering right now, and with the biggest election on the line in probably 20 years, nobody is going to be giving anything away.

As a dealer on another forum put it the other day when asked "What does Hillary Clinton getting elected mean for our industry", His Answer"Short Term: Make it rain. Long Term: Retire."

And thats pretty much the way of it.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:51 am

I love all those that say people have learned their lesson and there will be no panic

I would like to believe there is a chance Trump will win but if I had to bet I would put my money on Michael Schumacher coming out of his coma before Trump being president

However, believe it or not. I have not bought anything for Hillary at least nothing but what I wanted irregardless of politics

I have stated and I will do it that I will have a bunch of ammo sites open on election night and when they call it for Hillary I will click "complete order" on a bunch of 223. I don't see the demand for ammo other than 223 and 7.62X39 (and maybe 308) being as big a deal as the AR/AK/ammo

N4KVE, was George Beech at the Stuart show? (WWII stuff medals uniforms etc)

/:f
“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

A stovepipe is your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo!

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:32 pm

Wulfmann wrote:I love all those that say people have learned their lesson and there will be no panic
I've not said that, but have said that people are so gunned up that any scarcity will be very short term, under six months. My gun safe is full of guns; my closets are full of ammo. I could arm my entire extended family out of my safe, and then some. I think that there are a lot of us in that position, that weren't in that position eight years ago.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:12 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Wulfmann wrote:I love all those that say people have learned their lesson and there will be no panic
I've not said that, but have said that people are so gunned up that any scarcity will be very short term, under six months. My gun safe is full of guns; my closets are full of ammo. I could arm my entire extended family out of my safe, and then some. I think that there are a lot of us in that position, that weren't in that position eight years ago.
A huge part of the sandy hook gun rush was new buyers who were left really buying because they thought ars were going to be banned. Not seasoned gun owners.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:36 am

Now Matts got me thinking should I buy one more stripped Stag lower. Damn you! lol truth be told I need to buy a couple BCG, and an upper. I'm betting that uppers can be still be had post election. Or at least that's what I'm hoping

NRA Benefactor Member

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:43 am

Gregh181 wrote:Now Matts got me thinking should I buy one more stripped Stag lower. Damn you! lol truth be told I need to buy a couple BCG, and an upper. I'm betting that uppers can be still be had post election. Or at least that's what I'm hoping
Fail Zero BCG's were selling for 350$+ during sandy hook. True Story.

I'm not trying to panic anybody, just trying to get people to realize that if Hillary Clinton's elected president, the firearm industry as we know it is about to change...Long term, if not permanently. She'll pull every trick out of her sleeve to try and make that happen. Sandy Hook's supply drive was primarily due to 2 things:

1.)New buyers buying anything with a trigger attached because they felt like a ban was looming.
2.)Speculators buying and hoarding for profit or long term personal usage.

Sandy Hook was several years ago; Supplies are back up now, but theres also plenty of new buyers that have emerged into the the market (Old enough to buy now etc.). There's also going to be people buying that don't even want what they are buying, but know they won't be able to buy it down the road if they decide they want it later. Want to make something REALLY popular? Tell people they can't have it anymore...

Short term; If theres stuff you've bought over the years you really have no interest in anymore, sell it. Spend that money to buy stuff you DO want. Long term; Don't sell anything you think your going to want again down the road, because either it won't be there to bed had or you will be paying 5x-10x what you could have paid now.

Dealers are smarter now. They realize what they have now is going to be what will have to carry them for awhile. During sandy hook things were selling at outrageous premiums, but good luck ordering anything; If you didn't have it onhand when the panic hit, you weren't going to be able to get it.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:31 am

Wulfman keeps saying he'll wait till election night to buy things like ammo etc....I honestly don't think its gonna make it that long
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:58 am

I'm with Rent on thus one.
Tons of ammo and mags are being sold now

Sent from the TACC OPS Center