Stripped Lowers

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Stripped Lowers

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Looking to get another stripped lower but everywhere I look online all there is available are tons of spikes lowers. Even at the orlando show today, all spikes lowers. Is everyone buying the rest of em up to get ready for the Hildebeast? Primary Arms has a shitty selection of in stock lowers, they are my go to. Anyone have good sites they look to for stripped lowers? I guess I should say I'm not looking to get a Spikes
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Srasel79
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Stripped Lowers

Post by Srasel79 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:32 am

Same here. Although Florida gun exchange had a ton of Anderson stripped lowers last month but they wanted 79.95 for one. :ham'r

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:38 am

The best I could get on an Anderson lower was $45 a couple of months ago, but I pay a $25 transfer fee, so it gets to about what the gun shows charge, plus I have to make two trips to the dealer. Of course, I don't have to pay to get into the dealer or to park like I would at a gun show. Those Andersons were all over the last Tampa show I went to in August, IIRC.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Komodoj

Post by Komodoj » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:52 am

Contact Gun Stock and Barrel in Inverness fl. Last I checked they had some Anderson lowers in stock at good prices and very cheap transfer fees. I think there number is 352-423-1627 _:

Gregh181 wrote:Looking to get another stripped lower but everywhere I look online all there is available are tons of spikes lowers. Even at the orlando show today, all spikes lowers. Is everyone buying the rest of em up to get ready for the Hildebeast? Primary Arms has a shitty selection of in stock lowers, they are my go to. Anyone have good sites they look to for stripped lowers? I guess I should say I'm not looking to get a Spikes
Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.

Ronald Reagan

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:45 am

Srasel79 wrote:Same here. Although Florida gun exchange had a ton of Anderson stripped lowers last month but they wanted 79.95 for one. :ham'r
mine ( Anderson ) are $89 ....the days of $ 39 lowers are probably gone till after the election boys....Rural King just advertised Anderson lowers for $ 59 but only got like 20 per store......no rain checks [smilie=011.gif]

now try to find uppers or LPK ](*,) ](*,) .....they have become like hen's teeth as all the manufacturers have swapped production over to lowers in anticipation of a bad outcome in the election
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:47 am

there is a stripped Omni Hybrid in the B/S/T ....everyone run [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:07 am

Can anyone explain the huge influx of Spikes lowers? They are plentiful and everywhere

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:49 pm

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want a Spikes.

Its common knowledge that their lowers have a much higher percentage of fairy dust and unicorn horn in their alloys!
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Spikes sells off a lot that are almost perfect that didn't quite make their quality control process, those were to the ones that you used to see for $ 35 bucks at the gun shows and now see everywhere, now people are selling them as the real thing and not as blems, which is what they really are....probably why people don't want Spikes anymore :-k

there was a time when Spikes was the lowest AR on the market, now they all come with
higher percentage of fairy dust and unicorn horn in their alloys
....well cording to the experts on Arfcom [smilie=011.gif]

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:01 pm

That makes sense. I knew there was a reason why when all other lowers were sold out they were pretty much the only ones left

NRA Benefactor Member

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LastRites » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:52 am

Aim had Pro-Fab lowers for $69, as for Spikes two dueling dicks need not apply.

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:32 pm

I got my grandson a Punisher stripped lower for Christmas.

He said when he told his fellow gun guys at work what he got, they all took a knee and chanted in unison,

"WE'RE NOT WORTHY!" [smilie=011.gif]
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

butcharoot
Contributor
Contributor

Post by butcharoot » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:12 pm

BCA Lower Receiver, .223 / 5.56 $59.00

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/lower- ... 23005a4637

george_995
Life Member
Life Member

Post by george_995 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:14 am

Rainier arms had some forged mega arms lowers and their own rolled as of last night. But they want 115$.
Ni he la na gaofar la na scoilb.

The thing about Smart mother f***ers is that sometimes, they sound like Crazy mother f***ers to Stupid mother f***ers ....

george_995
Life Member
Life Member

Post by george_995 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:15 am

Check aero precision website you may have some luck.

The thing about Smart mother f***ers is that sometimes, they sound like Crazy mother f***ers to Stupid mother f***ers ....

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:56 am

What are Aero and Mega's reputation? I picked up an extras stripped Stag Arms. Not fancy at all but I've had one now for 4-5 years and it's been perfect w no problems

Sold the spikes I had for $120 and got the stag for $20 more so I'm pretty happy with it

NRA Benefactor Member

george_995
Life Member
Life Member

Post by george_995 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:59 pm

I believe aero manufacturers for many other companies, have only heard good things. I have owned mega arms maten 308 matched receivers, very good quality. Their forged ar15 lower has a upper/lower tension screw that is adjustable from the bottom of the receiver by the grip screw.

Like I said I can only speak for the 308 set I had built from, in which was the best fitting set I have had out of the 10 Ar15s I have had.

Mega has a good reputation from what I have seen.

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Aero actually makes spacecraft parts for Boeing and other companies as their main business.

They make AR stuff during their down time.

I've had a couple of their factory complete lowers, and they were amazing.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:19 pm

I want to note the reason I sold the spikes is I have an SBR build I just completed and the spikes lower has an excessive ammount of play, to the point to where i I can move the entire upper slightly to the left or right and the Aimpoint Micro goes along with it shifting my point of aim. Not something too terrible for an SBR but something I wanted to avoid in future builds.

NRA Benefactor Member

george_995
Life Member
Life Member

Post by george_995 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:19 pm

TC6969 wrote:Aero actually makes spacecraft parts for Boeing and other companies as their main business.

They make AR stuff during their down time.

I've had a couple of their factory complete lowers, and they were amazing.
Thanks for the correction, I should have looked it up. I thought they were the company that provides for the majority of vendors.