9mm AR Build

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
grussgott

Re: 9mm AR Build

Post by grussgott » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:29 pm
[smilie=popcorn.gif]
Virtually Every House in the country has the ingredients to make a dangerous and destructive weapon. Lets just pic one that anyone can google on their own so I am not putting something unknown out there. Molotov! I am guessing or hope you have soap in your house? Some Gas in your car or garage? A bottle or two laying around? Hmm? You COULD put all that together! [-X Oh My better call the ATF!

Call the cops I just got home from work put my keys in the draw right above where I store my liquor! Oh I did make a drink and I am takin a sip now. :ber I COULD Drink AND Drive!! My Keys are like a couple of yards away and my car is just on the other side of the door! What was I thinking! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_24.gif]

Oh I know. This is getting Old. Also I am getting hungry so I will go eat =:e drink and catch up on some Walking Dead.

Grussgott

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 pm

JFC...are you taking prescription medications :-k , this must be festering with you ](*,)

your build looks nice except for the sketchy carbine stock attachment point [-X

no one here is gonna rat you out, but you made the list of no matter what anyone ( wiser than you ) tells you , you will always believe some idiot or interpretation....roll with that buffer tube, stupid, illegal, whatever,....I'll be the guy at the range laughing at you [smilie=011.gif]

hell, I'm still laughing at the loctite on an AR part
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

better2have&notneed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by better2have&notneed » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 pm

grussgott wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:40 pm
Rent, Enjoyed seeing it again. You never did say how you liked my new build?

Grussgott
Well, I'm disappointed you didn't ask me how much I like your build...Anywho, I'm slowly getting over it.
I'll preliminarily give it:
7 out of 10 in the looks department...just a little wonky looking without the stock.
15 out of 10 on adhesion of screws.
17 19 out of 10 on parts list and build info.

Like Grandma Louella used to say: "You can judge a book by its cover." Since you're quite the author, I'm sure you understand the analogy, and also understand that I cannot give accurate and quality likability ratings until you have submitted a full, thorough, detailed range report of said weapon. I need at least 5 paragraphs and 10 pictures and 7-10 minutes of video with narration of in-depth analysis of the weather conditions, the range (range review, RO profiles, distances, etc.), weapon reliability with a minimum of 8 types of ammo, and a few video interviews with other range patrons' opinions of said weapon.

[smilie=cheers1.gif]

grussgott

Post by grussgott » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Well Rent,

Nope not even aspirin.

Festering? Nope, I believe it was you that appeared to be dropping it all a few posts back. Oh and it appears to me you must be living on this sight. I just come in for a bit to see what you're gonna say next. Then go and do something interesting.

Ratting out never crossed my mind. So who is having the sketchy thoughts here? It's a board to chat about stuff we all like. Calm down already.

Wise people don't say they are wise.

Loctite in the terms you are thinking of it would be dumb for sure. Honestly don't know what the Actual stuff is on the screws for the pins that come in the KNS Anti Roll pin kits. Oh you got me there! But since it had warn off (I took it apart a few to many times) I put about a pin head drop of the None Permanent Loctite back on them. They had a tendency to come lose on my SBR so why let them do so on this one? So yes, I could see laughing about that. I did kinda get over descriptive in the enjoyment of the completion of my latest project. It was meant to show that I was Done Tinkering with it. A Verbal Sign\Expression of Completion. You crack me up to sometimes to. Laughing is a good thing.

I've been rocked 21 days out of 30 on a short stint in Kandahar. My last night, one landed close enough to feel. It killed a guy that was running towards a shelter. A chunk of shrapnel to the back of his head. I've heard mortars fired close enough to hear them leave the tube and realize there's No Where to go in this moment that will make a difference. On my ride to the airport to leave Kabul after 27 months. We had an either fake or dud grenade rolled under us by some "kids" on the side of the road. I've seen things and been places, no this doesn't bother me at all. I slept \ sleep very well at night. No meds at all. Why would your petty snipes bother me let alone fester?

Maybe we can get off this track now?

Anyone have anything useful or interesting or nice to say?
Last edited by grussgott on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

grussgott

Post by grussgott » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:28 pm

better2have&notneed wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 pm
grussgott wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:40 pm
Rent, Enjoyed seeing it again. You never did say how you liked my new build?

Grussgott
Well, I'm disappointed you didn't ask me how much I like your build...Anywho, I'm slowly getting over it.
I'll preliminarily give it:
7 out of 10 in the looks department...just a little wonky looking without the stock.
15 out of 10 on adhesion of screws.
17 19 out of 10 on parts list and build info.

Like Grandma Louella used to say: "You can judge a book by its cover." Since you're quite the author, I'm sure you understand the analogy, and also understand that I cannot give accurate and quality likability ratings until you have submitted a full, thorough, detailed range report of said weapon. I need at least 5 paragraphs and 10 pictures and 7-10 minutes of video with narration of in-depth analysis of the weather conditions, the range (range review, RO profiles, distances, etc.), weapon reliability with a minimum of 8 types of ammo, and a few video interviews with other range patrons' opinions of said weapon.

[smilie=cheers1.gif]
Looks like this came in while I was typing up my last post. Looks like a little cross-posting if that's a word happened?

Anyways thanks for the posting, refreshing humor. I couldn't agree more on the wonky look. One of the reasons I want to get the stock on it. The other being I get to use it in PCC matches.

Adhesion of screws! To funny, will make sense when you read the posting I JUST Posted.

Man I can only dream of having the time to do all you said above. Look how long it took just post the build. Yeah I do get a bit long winded but I really enjoyed the build. I hope others can take something from it as I did from other postings on other boards and videos. They helped it go bang from the first round and its worked great for each and every round since.

As for the parts list, one of the things that frustrated me was seeing an awesome build or any build and saying to myself. That part looks really good or practical or whatever. But I had No Idea What that Part Was? So I had to then surf the net and figure it out. Unless you have X-Ray eyes who can see what's inside that making it tick? Why did this work and what does or doesn't work with it? Everything about mine is working so far so good. Not bragging it just is. It's because of what I read from others. Why not share what worked for me in a way I think it could help others.

Once again thanks for the nice post.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:12 am

grussgott wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:08 pm
Virtually Every House in the country has the ingredients to make a dangerous and destructive weapon. Lets just pic one that anyone can google on their own so I am not putting something unknown out there. Molotov! I am guessing or hope you have soap in your house? Some Gas in your car or garage? A bottle or two laying around? Hmm? You COULD put all that together! [-X Oh My better call the ATF!
Grussgott
How about the car in that garage? They are very effective at killing people and almost all the time it's just by accident!
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

grussgott

Post by grussgott » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Exactly. I am sure it's the car's fault also.