Carry pistol for wife

Pistols of all descriptions.
N4KVE

Re: Carry pistol for wife

Post by N4KVE » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:52 pm

chester field wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Maybe I'll just keep buying her guns I like until we hit one that she likes :lol:
That could get rather expensive until she finds one she likes. At the shows, husbands come up to my table saying they want to buy a gun for their wife. When I ask where she is, the reply is “not here”. I then ask if they would ever go out to buy a pair of shoes for the little lady without her being there. Of course, their answer is no, so I ask why should a gun be different? There are many gun ranges/stores that rent guns for this exact reason. Also, for beginners, especially women, I suggest a revolver, because they are not strong enough to rack the slide back. The LCP2 is easier to rack than the LCP by the way. GARY.

chester field

Post by chester field » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:45 pm

Yeah, no. Been married too long to try to buy her guns or shoes on my own.
Just trying to do some of the legwork and also take advantage of others' experiences and knowledge here.

She did like a few of the guns suggested so far -just not for her to carry.

I am lucky enough to have a wife trying to figure out her next gun.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:22 am

You mentioned she didn't like the recoil of the LCP. I can appreciate that. An option would be to simply put a Hogue Handall grip on it. It substantially reduces the felt recoil and makes it more pleasant to shoot.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness http://sepboard.us

chester field

Post by chester field » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Deputydave wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:22 am
You mentioned she didn't like the recoil of the LCP. I can appreciate that. An option would be to simply put a Hogue Handall grip on it. It substantially reduces the felt recoil and makes it more pleasant to shoot.
I may try that for me. It is my EDC, but it is about as fun to shoot as Sister Mary Discipline slapping my hands with the yardstick.

but... just another tool in the box as they say
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Trust me, I know. I had an LCP last year and it just isn't a fun gun to shoot. However, with that Hogue Handall grip it was substantially better. I could run a couple of boxes of 50 through it before having had enough. Inexpensive tweak.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness http://sepboard.us

jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Did you say someone offered you a carry pistol in exchange for your wife?
Sounds fair to me.