New Remington 300 AAC

Bolt guns, gas guns and long range shooting tactics.
Louiethelump

New Remington 300 AAC

Post by Louiethelump »

Just ordered a new Remington 700 in 300 AAC for close range fun shooting with mostly lead cast bullets. Any general or specific suggestions on bolt action 300 AAC?
Fastest contact is louiethelump@yahoo.com
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

200 gr or better if you wanna put a can on it, super awesomly quiet

we got that rifle when it first came out, in the patrol version, didn't have a 30 can can back then, wish I did, really wish I never sold that rifle :oops:
Louiethelump

Post by Louiethelump »

No can in my future. I want it for back yard shooting mostly with lead bullets. They break up nicely on my steel backstop without putting pits in it like hot rifle loads with jacket bullets do. But thank you for your input.
Fastest contact is louiethelump@yahoo.com
nickthefish

Post by nickthefish »

you will have lots of options with ammo on a bolt action. have fun. I love my blackouts.
Respectfully,
NickTheFish
#FuckCancer #ObamaGate2020 #TrumpTrain2020
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Didn't Remington make 300 Blkout on their model 7?
Somebody I know had a model 7 in 300 Blkout about 5 years ago with short 16" threaded barrel to put a can on it.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hollywood quiet in an Ak round like stopping power 👍
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Greg

Post by Greg »

Lehigh Defense makes some nasty ammo options for 300 blk I’d look there and Barnes as well

FSN Member Since 2009
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Greg wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:45 pm Hollywood quiet in an Ak round like stopping power 👍
Actually, it's "Hollywood quiet OR AK-like stopping power. You can't have both in the same load. If you want Hollywood quiet, you sacrifice velocity and energy. If you want AK-like stopping power, you have to accept speed and noise. There ain't no free lunch.

7.62x39 122gr: 2330 ft/s; 1469 ft-lbs
300BLK 125gr OTM supersonic: 2215 ft/s; 1360 ft-lbs
300BLK 220gr OTM subsonic: 1010 ft/s; 498 ft-lbs

For comparison, 5.56x45 55gr: 3250 ft/s; 1302 ft-lbs
Greg wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:51 pm Lehigh Defense makes some nasty ammo options for 300 blk I’d look there and Barnes as well
Agreed. Lehigh offers both subs and supers in their solid copper alloy projectiles. Some are "maximum expansion" while others are "extreme chaos". You need to read the product details to determine which is best for your application.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Greg

Post by Greg »

Amazing write up thank you for the info.

My little 9inch 300blk is the tits. I have a pmag loaded with Barnes VOR-TX 120 grain supers. Also have a full d60 drum full of supers.

I have full v seven parts lower I use with it w a Geissele SSA/E in it. Weighs like 5lbs or so maybe. Aimpoint micro in a Bobro Mount

When I get the $ imma buy the new vseven 6.5 inch 300blk barrel to go even shorter. Won’t go any shorter than that

The can I have on it I have an adapter that lets me take it off my rifle and put it right on my G19’s. On my War belt I have a pouch for the can and a nice holster for my G19 as well. Amazing versatility

FSN Member Since 2009
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Have you checked out these shortys?

https://www.righttobear.com/Right-To-Be ... m?CartID=1

https://www.righttobear.com/FAXON-FIREA ... 8p7ngq.htm

https://www.kakindustry.com/kak-300-bla ... barrel-5r7

I'm currently running a 10.5-inch AR-Stoner barrel in 300BLK on a pistol lower with a LAW folder (adds 1.5 inches) and the longest pistol buffer tube that KAK sells, with a crutch tip bumper and paracord wrap. It makes for a great cheek weld when shouldering it. Adding my SEI Windtalker can which easily switches back and forth to any of my other ARs and my M-14 EBR still keeps it at a manageable length and balance for hunting. Plus, I have a matching 11.5-inch 5.56 upper on a registered SBR lower that I can switch back and forth with it. Both upper/lower combos are in identical camo pattern, and have identical Leupold VXR Patrol optics on them (the dust covers are engraved with the respective calibers to avoid calamity). My next 300BLK is going to be a 6-7.5 inch lightweight compact pistol build. Just wish I could afford a buffer-less rig.... :ugeek:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)