MRE'S

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
tampa
Executive Member
Executive Member

MRE'S

Post by tampa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Can anyone suggest a good place to purchase some cases. Looking for as real as it gets meals with heaters and the whole 9

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: MRE'S

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:47 pm

don't waste time looking for a deal, get them from the source...while you still can

http://www.readymeal.com/
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

rug357

Post by rug357 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:55 pm

You can find them cheaper but they'll usually have shorter shelf-life.
Get fresh production ones if you want to keep them for couple years.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

tampa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tampa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:21 pm

I wonder what a pallet of them would run shipped to a commercial business. I may call them tomorrow. For the amount I would like to get I don't see them running out in a week so that's not much of a concern. After some research I'm seeing them pretty plentiful at the moment. I've read everywhere from 5yrs to 10-12 depending on storage conditions that they will last. I recently opened a real deal one up from 10yrs of sitting and it was fine and if these would last a few seasons that works for me.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 pm

I had posted a life based on storage chart when I was selling my older extras, inside the house ( a/c ) you should be good about 7 years, 10 yrs if colder ( like 55-60 deg )

there used to be a bunch of people in Orlando selling them but I haven't seen the CL ad's in a while, if you can buy a pallet, its an easy way to make a few bucks right now on the Ebola fear, a lot of places are out or running low of masks, gloves and other PPE type equipment

I don't know of a Tampa supplier except maybe an Army/Navy store, oh and the Mcdill BX had them too

and don't forget there are always the # 10 cans of Mountain House and stuff like that, but their stuff isn't cheaper or any better for last resort type of MRE's

I would prefer Ramen noodles, spam and Chef Boy-R-dee over MRE's anyday [smilie=011.gif]

here are some in WPB

http://ocala.craigslist.org/spo/4706526059.html
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

tampa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tampa » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:21 pm

I appreciate the help I think I'm ready to stock up again. I love the ideas of grocery store food only problem is that the wife won't leave it alone every time its brought home. Mres...lol...she won't touch them!

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:56 pm

tampa wrote:I appreciate the help I think I'm ready to stock up again. I love the ideas of grocery store food only problem is that the wife won't leave it alone every time its brought home. Mres...lol...she won't touch them!
Can you convince her to replace it as she uses it, cycle it through?

tampa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tampa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:53 pm

I've tried, honestly for the first time she's starting to take it seriously with the Ebola scare. If president Ebola doesn't put the brakes on flights it's going to take a toll on our economy that I think will spin into something we can't control. Not nessacaily the ebloa, the fear of it. Hell I'm to the point I want to steer clear of hand shakes and I can see it's media hype. Storms had always been the worry for myself but I see her gears turning. Time to stock up regardless

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:04 pm

we used to have a smaller pantry for hurricane supplies, usually rotate it down to nothing after the H season.... one time at a party I overheard my wife telling someone we had emergency supplies, I scolded here for talking about it and she said , please no one wants what little we have left, I want a room full of that stuff, that gave me card blanche to go all in on emergency preps.

now I can get her to keep quiet, but if I can't keep her from eating only her share, I might have to waste a bullet :-k [smilie=033.gif]

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:35 am

I rotate mine every 3-4 years I have 2-3 cases im gonna dump if you want some for immediate use
Democrat's for Trump ...Anybody but Hillery even Jack the Dog !
Full service FFL/SOT manufacturer
Thermo Arms Inc FFL07/SOT
http://www.thermoarms.com/
727-776-4274

g34man
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g34man » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:06 pm

As Ebola picks up I assume these are going to going out of stock soon.

rug357

Post by rug357 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:14 pm

g34man wrote:As Ebola picks up I assume these are going to going out of stock soon.
Yes, I'm sure they will be out.
As always, if something happened, it too late and you won't be able to find it or will pay higher price.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:59 pm

rug357 wrote:
g34man wrote:As Ebola picks up I assume these are going to going out of stock soon.
Yes, I'm sure they will be out.
As always, if something happened, it too late and you won't be able to find it or will pay higher price.
have you seen the PPE isle at Lowe's or HD its almost empty of masks and half face respirators [-(

tampa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tampa » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:09 pm

Yep on the online auction sites the masks have doubled. Stuff is scary, seems other countries have no problem shutting down the flights and flow of traffic. Leave it to Ebolacare to get its signatures for the legacy to exist after he is long gone. Absolute misery is coming if it's not put out