Fl rural property ownership and deer/hogs

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Fl rural property ownership and deer/hogs

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 am

what it says in capacity, no more than 5 rounds, so you either have to have a 5 round mag, or a limiter in a larger mag

sorry can't answer the private property Questions, but each WMA lists the regulation as :
Hunting with full automatic or silencer-equipped firearms, centerfire semi-automatic rifles having a magazine capable of holding more than 5 rounds, explosive or drug-injecting devices and set guns is prohibited
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:49 am

If you are imagining a survival type situation, learn archery.
Quiet, effective and often allows a second chance on the same target or another one.
What ever housing will be on the property, figure on it being vandalized sooner or later.
If you go with a trailer, keep it small and light enough to be actually useful.
Just a thought.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:11 pm

The vast majority of public hunting land in Florida is controlled under the Wildlife Management Area program. The FWC publishes a brochure detailing the rules for each WMA. If deer are legal to hunt during the time that you are hunting hogs, the likelihood is that you are limited on the round count. If hogs are the only thing legal to hunt at that time, even if the general rules allow a larger capacity magazine the individual WMA may have their own restrictions. Heck, there is a WMA near Tampa that does not allow centerfire rifles at all - shotguns and muzzleloaders only even during general gun season. Bottom line, you need to check with the FWC for the specific area you are planning to hunt.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:54 am

boomboom wrote:Private property use anything you want for hunting hogs, I'm not sure if the 5 round requirement for deer extends to private property (I don't hunt deer). Give FWC a call and follow their advice. If they say it's okay, I'd ask that they send something in writing for you to have out in the field.

Personally thinking, why beat yourself up for less than $17 including tax and shipping?
i was told by someone who believes he's an authority on hunting law because he took a single hunter safety course that i would get arrested for hunting hogs with hi-cap mags.

so i want to actually know if i'll get arrested.

i'll be sure to contact my respective FWC office.
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:34 am

Just click below to go to "Ask FWC".

http://mygovhelp.info/FLFWC/_cs/site.aspx

And let us know what they say.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:46 am

Orlando Paulitician wrote: i was told by someone who believes he's an authority on hunting law because he took a single hunter safety course that i would get arrested for hunting hogs with hi-cap mags.

so i want to actually know if i'll get arrested.

i'll be sure to contact my respective FWC office.
there are tons of hog hunting vids on youtube that show people dumping a 30 caliber clip in 3 seconds into a pack of hogs, doesn't mean it wasn't on private land, or even filmed in FL, and legal ....as others said get it in writing or have then show you the legal mumbo jumbo so you can have it with you in the field just in case someone doesn't know either way

your buddy who's the authority may have only remembered that one line and interpreted the guys teachings to be the law, if people like that listened to idiots like James Yeager we'd all be in trouble [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:25 am

I messaged them around 1 or 2am wednesday morning, but still no response.

Kind of ironic, I message an accountant I met at an FICPA field, and I get a response within 30 minutes. message a government agency, and the email just goes into a blackhole for who knows how long.

right now, i'm asking around my cop buddies to see if any of them knows an FWP officer to see if i can speed up the fact discovery process.
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:36 pm

They do answer their phone during business hours.....

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Orlando Paulitician wrote:I messaged them around 1 or 2am wednesday morning, but still no response.

Kind of ironic, I message an accountant I met at an FICPA field, and I get a response within 30 minutes. message a government agency, and the email just goes into a blackhole for who knows how long.

right now, i'm asking around my cop buddies to see if any of them knows an FWP officer to see if i can speed up the fact discovery process.
Might want to check out floridsportsman forum. Bunch of fwp guys on there.
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Another question: I just completed a Hunter Safety Course.

In order to get a Hunting License, I need a Hunter Safety Certification Card.

In order to get that, I provide the certificate from the above course, plus:
6) Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless
such license has been revoked for cause.
would a photocopy of my CCL suffice?

Because it's been over 5 years since I took the course for my CCL, and IDK WTF that documentation (course completion) is, if i even kept it...

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:12 am

I'm not sure that makes sense. I know what you quoted, but there are many thousands of hunters without a CCL (and by CCL, you do mean a concealed carry license?).
There's a storm coming.

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:00 am

Orlando Paulitician wrote:Another question: I just completed a Hunter Safety Course.

In order to get a Hunting License, I need a Hunter Safety Certification Card.

In order to get that, I provide the certificate from the above course, plus:
6) Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless
such license has been revoked for cause.
would a photocopy of my CCL suffice?

Because it's been over 5 years since I took the course for my CCL, and IDK WTF that documentation (course completion) is, if i even kept it...
I thought that you were You are confusing the rules for concealed weapons permit with those for a hunting license. I was half asleep when I replied. Were you awake during your hunter safety course? Serves me right for posting on the internet before having my morning coffee. :ham'r [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=cheers1.gif]

What you are quoting is similar language to Ch. 790.06(2)(h), F.A.C. - this is the part of the law that would exempt you from taking the CONCEALED WEAPONS CLASS if you already have completed the hunter safety course.
(h) Demonstrates competence with a firearm by any one of the following:
1. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
2. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
5. Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
6. Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause; or
7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;
A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes; or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught said course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant; or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall constitute evidence of qualification under this paragraph; any person who conducts a course pursuant to subparagraph 2., subparagraph 3., or subparagraph 7., or who, as an instructor, attests to the completion of such courses, must maintain records certifying that he or she observed the student safely handle and discharge the firearm;
Last edited by flcracker on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:39 am

I've only taken the online course, not the 1 day in-class course yet, so i don't even know what you're talking about. but from what i've found on the internet:

paperwork to get Safety Card:

http://myfwc.com/media/2942065/HunterSa ... ingApp.pdf
To receive your hunter safety certification card, you must submit the documents below to the appropriate hunter safety office.
1) This completed application.
2) A copy of a hunter safety course completion certificate from one of the four online course providers showing a minimum
final test score of 80% or higher. (Online course providers can be found at MyFWC.com/huntersafety.)
3) Proof of previous firearm training. (See back of this form for acceptable documentation.)
Acceptable Firearms Training Documents
1) Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by a similar agency of another state;
2) Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms training course where the live-firing of a firearm is a
requirement for course completion;
3) Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by law
enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training
school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and
Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services where the live-firing of a
firearm was a requirement for course completion;
4) Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards,
investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
5) Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in an organized National Rifle
Association shooting competition or military service; or
such license has been revoked for cause
if im confusing things, then that is one hell of a misleading application....

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:52 am

My sincere apologies - I am old enough that I did not remember that you can take the course on line without doing the firearms part.

Clearly, the lawmakers cut and paste to keep language consistent across the F.A.C. - whould'a thunk they could be so logical?

I had simply ASSumed that your course had included the live-fire portion. Again, I apologize.

It would seem to me that the requirement could be satisfied by submitting a photocopy of your CWP. But to be sure, I'd call the FWC before submitting the form.

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:11 am

Yup, photocopy of CCL is all good.